1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/4 lbs green beans, trimmed
freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons slivered almonds
1. Preheat oven to 425*.
2. Lightly oil a baking sheet and set aside.
3. Combine the broth, lemon juice and oil in a glass measuring cup.
4. Place the beans on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with the broth mixture.
5. Spread the beans out into a single layer.
6. Roast for 8 minutes.
7. Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
8. Season beans with the salt and the freshly ground pepper, then stir and turn over.
9. Sprinkle with the almonds.
10. Roast for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the beans are wrinkled and tender and the nuts are fragrant and browned.
11. Serve immediately.