Classic DRI, easy, fast and yummy.
* 1 1/2 lb Collard Greens, washed but not dried
* 2 Tbs Olive oil
* 6 cloves Garlic (yes, 6, just do it)
* 1TBS tsp Crushed red pepper flakes (more if you like. we do)
* 1 cup Vegetable stock
* 1 1/2 cup Cooked cannellini or other white beans, rinsed & drained
* 1/4 tsp Salt
* 12 oz Uncooked pasta--penne, ziti, etc.
* Salt & ground pepper to taste
* 2 T Parmesan
Bring 3 quarts of water to boil.
Prepare greens by ripping leaves off stems.
Tear or cut leaves into bite-size pieces.
You should have about 12 cups.
Heat oil in large skillet over med-high heat.
Add garlic and red pepper flakes; saute for 2 minutes.
Stir in greens and stock; cover pan.
Cook until greens are wilted and tender yet still bright green, about 7 minutes.
Gently stir in beans and salt; keep warm.
While greens are cooking, drop pasta into boiling water; cook until al dente, about 10 minutes.
Drain; stir into greens mixture.